Make Like a Frog.

Remember my last post? The one where I had nearly finished my new cardigan? Well I am here to tell you that after much measuring and discussion with my lovely mum (who has forgotten more about knitting than I will ever know) I frogged the whole thing! I still can't quite believe it. I only had a few rows of one front and the button band to do but I am reliably informed that I will feel much better about the whole thing once I have a cardigan that fits rather than swamps me. On the positive side though, at least this will now not be a white knuckle knit. For once I know for sure that I have definitely got enough yarn. And on another positive side - at least I can still be swamped by something - who knew!

I have also decided to knit the fronts and back as one this time and I think I have got about 3 or 4 inches to go before splitting for the armholes.

Here is a picture of my progress so far.


This week I have been reading The Aurora Teagarden Mysteries by Charlaine Harris. I was in The Cook Book a beautiful second hand bookshop cafe in St Just, right down west almost at the end of Cornwall, looking for something to read over lunch the other day and I recognised the author's name. If you have read my blog before you will know that I usually have books in my ears and one of the series of novels I have really enjoyed listening to is the Sookie Stackhouse series. Well Aurora Teagarden is by the same author and I am enjoying reading the first mystery.

Joining in with the lovely Ginny for her Small Things Yarn Along

Comments

  1. Ahhh, you are rather brave! Yay for the wisdom of others :) enjoy the reading of the book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment