Finished and St Just.

So the saga of my cardigan finally comes to an end, it is finished except for buttons, thank goodness! I am off to spend a couple of days in Bath now so maybe I will find some lovely buttons there.

My book this week is called 500 Handmade Books and is a beautifully photographed catalogue of exactly what is says on the cover. I love books and have plans to bring some form of book making into my crafting life so this book is perfect for inspiration.

I found this book yesterday when I was right 'down west' almost at the end of Cornwall. The Misty Cottage daughter has a friend who lives in Penzance so we trekked off down to meet up with her friend in Marazion. Spectacular views there of course.


From Marazion I went on to St Just where there is the most wonderful place called the Makers' Emporium which is full of extremely high quality work, textiles, ceramics, hooking, silver, photography etc. The lady there was kind enough to allow me to take some photos to show you.

One of the wonderful things about this place is that it is always staffed by one of the makers. I have visited about four times now and each time there has been a different maker there and they have always been happy to talk about their work and extremely generous in describing their processes. One person even got her sketch book out to show me how she moves from her inspiration through to a finished piece. I have learnt so much from my conversations at the Makers' Emporium and I always come away brimming full of ideas and excited to come home and get on with bringing them into being.

As if that wasn't enough inducement to visit St Just, look what is right next door!

It is The Cook Book, a second hand bookshop cafe - the very place where I was luck enough to find this week's book.

Joining in with Ginny for the Yarn Along.




Comments

  1. Oh my goodness. What a perfect selection of fab minty activities. Wish I was there too. I have to go to store ives to pick up my pots.. any chance we could make a day trip of it together

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a kitchen cooperative close to home that I love to visit. It's a storefront for local bakers, cheese makers, farms and such and is staffed by one of the makers. I just love places like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I like the sound of that - I bet the food is really good.

      Delete
  3. That looks like a wonderful place to visit. Your sweater is so lovely; I especially love the yarn you used. It will be fun funding buttons to match. Have a wonderful day, Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat, I have just been away to Bath and Frome for a couple of days and have managed to find what I think are the perfect buttons. I just need to sew them on now.

      Delete
  4. Blockchain is one of the popular wallet platforms. The transaction limit varies as for new users as well as for other users. To know more about the daily transaction limit process, just feel free to dial Blockchain support phone number and get all the required information about it. The experts will leave no efforts in providing the best to users. These technicians are mastered in providing the best possible support with no more worries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you purchased a new phone and are unable to use Binance on your new device due to verification problem? Are you having trouble backing up the previous data in Binance exchange? If you are worried that all your previous data will be lost and your trading experience will be hampered with this problem, then contact Binance customer service team via dialing Binance Support Number to find proper solution to this problem. The customer care give solutions in a very short time so that you can be back on track to trade smoothly again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "www.nonwovenbagmalaysia.com.my/ www.magspremiums.com
    MAGS PREMIUM GIFTS SDN BHD We specialize in premium and corporate gifts printing (cenderamata korporat) , Welcome to custom made your own design on the gifts. Example: non woven bags, tshirt, lanyard, keychain, etc..."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment