Finally - Progress!

I have actually managed to break new ground on my shawl! I have got further than ever before and it feels great. I have been knitting whilst listening to a couple of months worth of the Archers (an everyday tale of farming folk on the radio). I have to say that the knitting was relaxing in comparison to the hideous story line about Rob and Helen Titchener which is excruciating to listen to. I hope he gets his comeuppence soon as I am not sure how much more I can take.


I have even read a book with my actual eyes rather than through my ears this week, on account of spending almost a week ill on the settee. Diane Chamberlain's Breaking the Silence was a good read on the whole with an interesting story line about psychiatric experimentation in the US in the 1950s and 60s. I did enjoy it but it was not a massively satisfying read, a little too superficial, skimming across the top of the story rather than giving me something to submerge fully in.

There is an air of excitement here at Misty Cottage as not only is Easter coming but the children will be 14 on Monday and all sorts of plans are being hatched for celebrations and birthday treats. I have set each of them a budget this year so they have organised what they would like to do and what presents they would like within their budget. I think it has been good and has made them understand a bit more of what is possible/sensible rather than the completely blue sky thinking of previous years. (Mum can I go fishing in Panama for my birthday treat?) They were born on a Maundy Thursday at the full moon, so how old will they be when they get to have their birthday on a Maundy Thursday with a full moon again? I don't know, Easter moves about and so does the moon so I think it would be very complicated to work out.

I'm joining in with Ginny for the Yarn Along today and in an attempt to get the post finished on time I will have to save writing about progress in the garden for another time.


Comments

  1. Your shawl looks lovely. Hope you are feeling better. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment