Gift Knitting Update

Not enough crafting has been going on here at Misty Cottage over the last couple of weeks. I have had to take my eye off the ball craft and business wise whilst sorting out other urgent things which have no place on this blog. Having said that, I have made some progress.


The bedsocks are pretty much finished, I've just got to kitchener stitch the toe of the second sock. The colours are a bit crazy but I was just finishing off some different handspun skeins.


The hat has begun but still needs lots of work to happen fairly urgently though I keep reminding myself - Christmas is a season, there are 12 days not just one! In fact until last year we have always kept all 12 days of Christmas with the children opening one present each day from under the tree so there isn't a present frenzy first thing Christmas morning and no-one knowing who gave what by Boxing Day. Last year for the first time the children were allowed to choose what to open and when so a few were opened on Christmas day and Boxing day and then a couple left until twelfth night, by which time they were back at school. My daughter could not believe that school holidays didn't encompass the full 12 days of Christmas!

There is a tiny bit of spinning going on. I have spun this carded recycled sari silk and spiral plied it with a very sparkly silver metallic thread. I am currently in the process of plying the second bobbin and I think it makes for a very interesting yarn.


With the Christmas deadline I'm afraid there are no actual books with pages on the go at the moment. I am still listening to Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series and wondering when I will get tired of it but there is no sign of that yet, thank goodness!

One last thing I wanted to share. I am not usually a fan of graffiti but when it makes you smile every time you drive past it ...

It is supposed to be warning drivers to look out for otters crossing the lane!


Joining in with Ginny's Yarn Along and Frontier Dreams' Craft Along.

Comments