Head Down.

I have been really busy this week crafting like mad and totally loving it!

I have finished my commission and expect to put it in the post tomorrow, I hope he likes it. The silk yarn knits up really nicely with a beautiful texture and plenty of lustre. I have sewn lots of beads into the hanging as I had not spun beads into this skein and I have got a nice piece of driftwood that I  collected from a beach that is local to Misty Cottage for it to hang from. So fingers crossed that he enjoys it.

I have cast on another scarf for my shop with the blue merino slub yarn that I spun and plied with blue metallic thread with tiny pinkish beads. I love making these so I hope someone will love wearing them! They are so soft and squooshy but that is an inevitable draw back of internet selling - people can't feel or touch what you have made. I am booked into a craft fayre in November (which I am trying - and failing- not to panic about) so I guess that would be the time to get lots of feedback when people can feel the scarves. I am trying not to spend too much time in looking up and contemplating the enormity of the learning curve I have embarked upon, just head down and make, I know I can do that bit!


My making is mostly accompanied by Diana Gabaldon's Drums of Autumn through my ear buds. I just don't seem to be able to get enough of the Outlander series. Not only is the story line good and strong but Davina Porter is just brilliant as a narrator. When I was listening to the Mists of Avalon I remember thinking to myself that she was able to do Scottish voices really well so she is perfect for Jamie Fraser.

The weather here at Misty Cottage has finally broken and today it really is very misty and mizzly so photos taken today are dull. The nights are getting colder too so a rescue mission was launched yesterday to bring the chilly chilli plants in from the doorless greenhouse and into the relative cosiness of the house.


I'm joining in with Ginny's Yarn Along and Frontier Dreams' Craft Along. I thoroughly recommend an evening reading the other blogs in these linkies, there are so many talented and interesting people out there!

Comments