New Toys, New Skills.

Look at what has landed at Misty Cottage!


Beautifully made by the talented father of my friend Dawn who runs the spinning group at Trebullom.


So this week I have been mainly making seat pads with my lovely new peg loom. It is my first adventure in the world of weaving and I have to say that I am really enjoying myself with it.


I have also managed to progress my sock which makes me happy, I love the colour and now that I have weighed it and the remaining yarn and a couple of the other socks I have knitted I feel that I am finally on a knitting project that is not going to be a white knuckle experience.


As for reading, well even though I have finished reading it I wanted to mention The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. What a lovely read! A well written, interesting and very human fictional account of wartime experiences in the Channel Islands. I really enjoyed reading it whilst sitting in the car while my son was fishing in the rain. This week I am reading The State We're In by Adele Parks. I am enjoying it but it is simply not as inventive or unexpected as last week's reading.

 


Comments

  1. Hello. Your peg loom looks very interesting. I'm sure it's fun to create something so beautiful with it. I love your socks; especially the lovely color you chose. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty purple socks! How fun to be getting into a new craft too, weaving has really been interesting me lately too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the texture of your chair pad using the peg loom. So different. Gorgeous socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely peg loom. I saw one on a blog right after Christmas time and have asked my husband and children to make me one for Christmas this year. It looks like such an enjoyable activity. Lovely seat covers by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Guernsey, too. Letters can make a great novel -- when done right!
    Your weaving is just beautiful. I love the chair covers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment