Yarn Along

This weekend the Misty Cottage children will become teenagers.  I have to say that this is coming as a bit of a shock to me – I'm not quite sure what to do with teenagers. Hopefully Betty Staley's book, Between Form and Freedom, is going to help me. I am still not finding much time for reading but I am enjoying listening to Anne Bronte's The Tenant of Wildfell Hall on my ipod whilst working during the day.

As for what is on the needles, well there is not much progress to report as I have been mainly felting (wet and needle) and beading for the last couple of weeks. I have cast my hat on again and have discovered that I knit upside down when knitting in the round. Does anyone else do this? It means that my knitting grows up from the needles rather than dropping down from them. It also means that I have confused the right side and wrong side so when I had finished the rib and began the pattern I found that I had been carrying yarn along on the right side. Rather than frogging the whole thing and starting yet again, I think I will just knit in the other direction and have to anticipate the colour change by two stitches each time to keep the spirals moving properly. My brain aches just thinking about all this!



Some slight progress has been made on the shawl, I have got to the instruction that says 'knit the knit, pearl the pearl and yarn over' and I have stalled. I am having trouble imagining that this will turn out to look like the picture. Have any of you knitted this shawl (Damask by Kitman Figueroa)? If so don't be shy, all advice is extremely welcome.

Until now I have been a 'cast it on and knit until it is finished' kind of knitter but I find I have three things on my needles as I haven't finished the socks yet either. I am about to set the twist on some deliciously squidgey merino slub yarn that I have plyed with holographic thread so I fully expect to have a fourth item on the needles by next week. I think I need to get some focus to get over the tricky bits that are holding me back so I don't end up overwhelmed.

Joining in with the Yarn Along.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you have lot of fun projects in the making. I told myself I'm going to finish my knitted scarf before I cast on a new project...Wish me luck. I'm excited to see your finished shawl project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Luck Lilly's Mom! I have to say I am not keen on being surrounded by alf finished projects, they all seem to take so long when they are not the sole focus. I can't tell you how excited I am to see the finished shawl as well - I think it is going to be along time coming though!

      Delete

Post a Comment