Snowdrop Sunday

Snowdrop, snowdrop, little drop of snow,
What do you do when the cold wind blows?
I hang my little head and say,
Cold wind, cold wind, blow away.



Yesterday was Snowdrop Sunday at Pencarrow, a Georgian house and gardens not far from Misty Cottage. We have always loved visits to Pencarrow, children are actively encouraged to run on the grass and climb the trees and dogs are also welcome.

There are some beautiful features in the garden including a grotto, a lake, a granite cross and some fabulous specimen trees.



I think the gardens must also be helped by the the gnomes who have fabulous places to live in the woods around the more formal gardens.

I always feel inspired after a walk there, particularly on Snowdrop Sunday or Bluebell Sunday (3rd May 2015). I am most definitely hatching some needle felting plans after yesterday's visit.

Comments