If at first you don't succeed...


Frog it! 



Look at my lovely hat. I was doing so well and then a lapse in concentration at a vital moment found me having to knit backwards and all of a sudden I was lost and couldn't find my way back. So I will be casting that on again over the next day or two and paying a bit more attention whilst knitting this time.

Meanwhile I have threaded some metallic thread with beads ready to crazy ply this bobbin of highly textured silk. I love doing this, it is one of my favourite things to do and it creates one of my favourite yarns, it just looks so beautiful with all its hidden treasures peeping out or lying in wait to be discovered as you use the yarn. I think I would like to try weaving a little something with it in a week or two.



The Misty Cottage children are back to school today after a week off for half term. I can't say that they were joyous at the prospect (though I have a sneaking suspicion that one of them was looking forward to seeing friends) but the house is quiet and I am productive so it is not all bad!

Comments