Yarn Along

Finally I have something different on the needles!



Nothing fancy in itself, just a scarf but I am using some merino that I have spun as a slub yarn and plied with holographic thread that I had threaded tiny pale pink beads onto.




I'm not sure if the beads will show up in the pictures as they nestle into this incredibly bouncy, soft yarn.



As for reading - well I'm not! I seem to have fallen into the habit of reading something light and fluffy in a day at the weekend and for the rest of the week I listen to audiobooks. At the moment I am listening to Marion Zimmer Bradley's Mists of Avalon series. 50 hours of the Arthurian legends told from the perspective of the women involved. I read one of the books many years ago and am really enjoying listening to the whole lot now. I am toying with the idea of taking my lunch over to Tintagel tomorrow so I can sit and listen to it there watching the ocean in the sunshine and letting the story wash over me. I'll have to do some decorating first though or my conscience won't let me enjoy it!

Joining in with Ginny for her Yarn Along.

Comments

  1. That is one of my all-time favourite books Minti, funny you should be listening to it after all these years as it popped into my head last week too.... time for a re-read! Lovely yarn BTW :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moraygirl. The audio book was just one credit on Audible - a very good deal for such a lot of listening I think.

      Delete
  2. close enough that you can 'mosey' to the ocean....heaven!!! I can see those beads....very clever of you!!! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph. Yes, I am very lucky to have the moor on my doorstep and the North Cornish coast 10 minutes away, Misty Cottage is a good place to be.

      Delete

Post a Comment